Thursday 20 August 2009

Who would be a mermaid fair, singing alone, combing her hair..



I was asked to make a mermaid tail/skirt for a kid's concert, so this is what I came up with. It has to be worn over tights, and the feet hang out the bottom, so that walking is possible. The tail is padded and sits in front of the feet. Very easy and quick.

The Mermaid

by William Butler Yeats

A mermaid found a swimming lad,
Picked him for her own,
Pressed her body to his body,
Laughed; and plunging down
Forgot in cruel happiness
That even lovers drown.

4 comments:

  1. I wanted to be a mermaid when I was a little girl, I love the costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just fantastic.... well donr ...i will know where to come if i want a costume....
    but it is the poetry that got me...poor darling drowned.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave me some comments!